Quickie Holy Grail: Makeup Post!

Monday, July 27, 2015

It's been a while since I've done a QHG! This time around we have my holy grail blushes from theBalm.

Now don't get me wrong, there are a million blushes out there that are amazing and have a cult status (I'm looking at you NARS Orgasm) but for a product to reach HG status for me it has to be reliable, perform amazingly and be the item I reach for before all others. In the blush department that's theBalm for me.


Unlike my other QHG posts where I've feature a single item from a brand, for blushes theBalm nails it in three different formulas. That's right, three!

First up we have Hot Mama, a gorgeous peachy coral with a gold reflect, similar to Benefit's Coralista and lighter/peachier than NARS Orgasm, it's the perfect glowy warm shade for summer. The compact contains a small mirror in the lid which I've already accidentally smashed on the bathroom tiles dropped and 7.08g of product. I've been using this forever and a day now and while there's a definite dent I'm nowhere near hitting pan yet!


L-R: heavily swathed and sheered out shot under natural light 

Next is Down Boy, a pretty matte petal pink that pulls cooler on my skin tone. It blends like a dream and is pigmented to boot. This is my go to winter day time/work blush as it gives that perfect cold air flush to my NC15 winter complexion. Again the compact comes with a little mirror in the lid and weighs in at 9.9g.


L-R: heavily swathed and sheered out shot under natural light 

And lastly we have Houndstooth from the Instain series, a medium pink muted berry toned matte blush that just lasts and lasts. It's super pigmented/intense so I apply it with a light hand but have no problems blending it out.


L-R: heavily swathed and sheered out shot under natural light 

You can tell from the condition these poor babies are in that they get thrashed and taken everywhere with me. Rarely do they spend any time in the safe confines of my makeup drawers, more often than not they're at the bottom of my handbag or thrown in my bathroom product basket of doom.

Yet for all the rough love they've seen they still hold up. If I'm ever unsure of what blush to use with a look or I'm rushing out the door, it's a safe bet I'll choose one these three every time - and for that they've earned the Holy Grail status for me.


Bambi xox

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© Bambikai Land 2017

Featured Post

Too Faced's Romantic Eye Palette - Review & Swatches

Today's post is a review of the Romantic Eye Palette by Too Faced Cosmetics. I lusted after this little beauty for an age before f...

Subscribe