NOTD - Matte Top Coat - Nicole by OPI

Tuesday, April 08, 2014



For ages now, ever since I saw the limited edition Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Black Velvet which is a matte black nail polish and then saw the below french manicure nail design I knew I had to get a matte top coat to play around with!


The thought of turning all my lovely shades into dramatic matte textures or even just turning my tired black/dark toned autumn nail looks into something very chic and elegant got me so excited! So after months of trying to find an inexpensive matte top coat here in Aussie (trying to ship nail polishes to here is a nightmare now) to play with I stumbled across one of all places at Target. It's apparently a sub brand/series by OPI and for $12.95 I thought bugger it, this will do!

Nicole by O.P.I Matte Top Coat 

weird ass shaped bottle >.<

For my first try I wanted to go for the above look, however all my poor black nail polishes have gone to that big varnished cloud in the sky have dried up/gone gluggy so I scoured around for a different shade and come up with this level medium grey cream I have called New York from Malvala. For a bit of pizzazz I decided to thrown in these cool black script on white back ground Sally Hansen nail stickers on the ring finger and because I have a slight glitter fetish with a coat of blue/silver micro glitter top coat.


Overall it's a very printed word/newspaper feel LOLs. The matte top coat was easy to apply and took only one coat to work, although it did turn out better when I actually waited for the colour underneath to completely dry first!

the claw!!!!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

© Bambikai Land 2017

Featured Post

Too Faced's Romantic Eye Palette - Review & Swatches

Today's post is a review of the Romantic Eye Palette by Too Faced Cosmetics. I lusted after this little beauty for an age before f...

Subscribe